There is nothing more valuable to us than the people on our team and the people that we serve. The safety and overall development of our team members is our top priority. And from the very beginning, a commitment to safety and development has been a pivotal part of our strategy to set ourselves apart from other contractors you will find.
As a trusted provider for hundreds of customers over several decades, here are just some of the ways we remain one of the safest contractors you will find:
- We maintain an approved injury/illness prevention plan (IIPP), covering all aspects of safety both in the field and in the office, and our safety manual which is updated regularly and issued to all employees and company vehicles.
- We require necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees and ensure that this equipment is always in good working order, including hardhats, safety glasses, high-visibility vests, ear protection, and hard-toed shoes.
- We conduct and document company-wide quarterly safety meetings in our shop, and weekly tailgate safety meetings at each jobsite on a wide array of topics.
- We conduct and document site-specific and/or customer-specific Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) forms as needed or requested on a jobsite, including necessary facility permits.
- We require all electricians to complete OSHA 10 training, and we require all journeymen, foremen, and engineers complete OSHA 30 training.
- We provide First-Aid, CPR, ARC Flash Safety, Aerial and Fork Lift Training and Certifications to all employees and ensure that these certifications remain current.
- We are a proud and active member of ISNetWorld, a third-party safety firm that connects hiring clients with contractors and suppliers, ensuring all client safety standards, measures, forms, training, and certificates are satisfied by the contractor.
Here at Delta Wye, we don’t think anyone is ever done growing. And so, from our newest hires to our most seasoned veterans, we invest in education and training. Whether it’s our engineers staying proficient in the latest technologies available in the field of process controls, or our apprentices making their way through electrical apprenticeship school with our longtime partner ABC-SoCal, Delta Wye Electric covers 100% of educational courses, training sessions, and seminars.
Additionally, ongoing in-house training is provided for and completed by office staff and electricians of all levels in the areas of project management, estimating, industrial controls, industrial electrical construction, journeyman electrician certifications, and the most recent electrical compliance codes.